Why use Twitter?
Twitter is not the first social media that we thought about when looking for a job, but it definitely has some advantages compared to other social media. The best example is probably the fact that you can connect with virtually anyone.
- Because Twitter is such an accessible social media, you can put your talents, personality and interests forth. Recruiters can have a better idea of who you are, and whether you fit with their company.
- Twitter lets you connect with people and companies that you didn’t know which is a lot harder on platforms such as Facebook & LinkedIn.
- Twitter eases up the exchanges: a recruiter will find it a lot easier to answer a tweet rather than pick up the phone.
- Recruiters know that if they hire you, they will benefit from your network. Make sure to build yourself a decent network beforehand.
How to find a job using Twitter
- Make sure you follow the sector in which you would like to work, and interact with the communities you are interested in.
- Do not simply retweet what people say; create unique contents that might interest people. Be an opinion leader.
- Use Twitter to connect your business networks together and win visibility. Put links pointing to your blog or your LinkedIn profile in your bio.
- Many companies have Twitter account dedicated to their careers opportunities: follow them. It’s a great way to keep an eye on job offers, rather than go directly on the company’s website.
- Build your network before needing it; engage conversation with people who do your job dream.